World Cyanotype started in 2015, and was created by the artists of shootapalooza. The official celebration day is always the last Saturday of September. There are several events taking place over the world, here are a few – if you know of more let us know.
Contribute with your own work, or if you don’t practice it yourself, you can enjoy the other artists’ work. Here are some links to follow:
- Join World Cyanotype Day on Facebook.
- Website from A Smith Gallery in Texas, USA who hangs works in their gallery
- and an interview with db Dennis Waltrip how Cyanotype Day started
- Cyanotype Day in Australia, by Maud Street Gallery, Brisbane, Australia
- and read an interview with Victoria Cooper and Doug Spowart in Australia.
- Learn the Cyanotype process lots of links to get you started.
- See work from artists working with cyanotypes.
by Malin Fabbri and Gary Fabbri
A well illustrated step-by-step guide to cyanotypes.
A lot more information on the process, chemicals, coating, exposure, printing, making negatives, washing and troubleshooting is available in this book.
Strongly recommended for beginners