These are the terms and conditions for our events. Read this agreement in its entirety before you continue your submission or send us any images. By submitting your work, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree, do not continue your submission.
Terms and Conditions for ALL our events.
T&C in short:
- Entry is open to all photographers, artists and creatives from anywhere in the world. Both beginners and advanced artists are welcome, but we are looking for high-quality work.
Submissions must be using an alternative photographic process as stated in the Call for Entries page, photographic or lens-based, but can include incorporations of other art forms.
- If there is a jury, the Jury’s decision will be final.
- All works must be entered within the deadline and follow the specifications stated on the Call for Entries page.
- Each event submission can include 1 image unless otherwise stated on the Call for Entry page for the event.
- Submission fees – It is free to enter our events, but some events require you to be a Supporting Member; this will be stated on the Call for Entries page.
- To enter, follow all the instructions on the Call for Entries page for the event.
- Entries will be shown on the AlternativePhotography.com website and social media, and products (including, but not limited to) such as printed books, journals, calendars, and cards if this is stated on the Call for Entries page.
- Entry is no guarantee for publication. Successful entrants will be notified by e-mail. The decision on successful entrants is final.
- At no point does AlterantivePhotography.com require artists to sign over the copyright of their work, and therefore artists retain all copyrights to their work at all times.
What do we do for you?
- Publish your entry to give you, as an artist, as much exposure as possible.
- Publish your entry on our website, social media, and products (including, but not limited to) books, journals and calendars (if applicable).
- Give you full credit for your work.
- Offer dedicated page(s) for the event.
- Expose your work to our 80,000 monthly visitors and social media with thousands of followers.
- The method of production and display of each artist’s work is at the discretion of AlterantivePhotography.com.
AlterantivePhotography.com AIMS TO PROTECT THE IMAGE RIGHTS OF ARTISTS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS
These terms and conditions of use constitute an agreement between you (“the artist”) your image or photograph (“work(s)”) and AlterantivePhotography.com (“we” OR “our”)
- All applications must be received by the deadline stated on the Call for Entries page for the event. Applications received after this time cannot be considered.
- Selected artists will be notified by email.
- The date of the event will be stated on the Call for Entries page for the event.
- Entries will be in digital format as stated on the Call for Entries page for the event
- All entries must be made via our online submission form or by email, as stated on the Call for Entries page for the event.
Copyright and third-party releases
- You must own the full copyright to the work(s) you submit.
- If the Work(s) contains any material or elements that are not owned by the artist and/or that are subject to the rights of third parties and/or if any persons appear in the Work(s), the artist is responsible for obtaining any and all necessary releases and consents to permit the publication, exhibition and use of the Work(s).
- Submitting artists agree that they created the Work(s) and/or that they are authorised to use the Work(s) as submitted co-authors and as relevant original sources should be referenced or credited and that our use of the Work(s) for exhibition and PR will not infringe on third party’s copyright or other rights.
- You also agree that any person(s) in your Work(s) other than yourself has/have given you permission to photograph him/her/them and that Malin Fabbri as Editor and AlternativePhotography.com are not held liable for his/her/their representation in print, lecture, website or other forms of publication. This applies to any property that appears in the Work(s) as well, that may require permission to photograph.
Image release for publicity
All selected entries may be published by AlterantivePhotography.com or affiliated Partners (the “Authorised Parties”) such as our Print on Demand suppliers for any products (including, but not limited to) books, journals or calendars or other items we produce, such as authorized magazines or books, on websites, or in any other medium, at Authorized Parties’ discretion.
Such use will be restricted to promotion, publicity, news, or informational education or awareness usage of AlterantivePhotography.com and any products (including, but not limited to) books, calendars, journals, cards or other items we produce, as stated in the Call for entries page.
By participating, all selected artists grant AlterantivePhotography.com and its Authorized Parties usage of Work(s) and acknowledge that any Authorized Party may use the entries and a name credit in any media before, during and after, without restriction in relation to the uses stated above. The AlterantivePhotography.com and Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
AlterantivePhotography.com is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any online entry to be received on account of technical problems, human errors of any kind, or any combination.
Artists agree to be bound by these Official Rules;
- The decision of the AlterantivePhotography.com, jury or selection panel is final
- AlterantivePhotography.com may use selected Work(s) and the artist’s name in any publicity or advertising relating to the event or future promotions without compensation or approval.
- Entries are void if AlterantivePhotography.com determines the entry to not be an original or referenced, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft.
- AlterantivePhotography.com reserves the right to refuse work for exhibition/presentation if it does not meet the expected quality of production and presentation for the event.
- In the event that a selected artist wins any AlternativePhotography.com related prize and then is found ineligible or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and the Organisers may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant.
- AlterantivePhotography.com reserves the right to amend or extend the submission deadline at our sole discretion. Should this be the case, details will be posted via the event page.
Right to cancel
AlterantivePhotography.com reserves the right to cancel scheduled events at our discretion.
At no point does AlterantivePhotography.com require artists to sign over the copyright of their work and therefore artists retain all copyrights to their work at all times. However, by submitting their works, the artist agrees that AlterantivePhotography.com and its affiliated Sponsors/Funders and Partners can use their works in our products (including, but not limited to) books, calendars, journals or cards as stated in the Call for Entries page, any magazines or books, on websites, social media platforms and AlterantivePhotography.com newsletters, or in any other medium, at Authorized Parties’ discretion. Artists will be credited for their works.
Products for purchase after the event
After the event there may be products available for purchase, including, but not limited to books, calendars, journals or other items; this will be stated on the Call for Entries page. Your work(s) may be published in these. You will not receive any monetary compensation for this. The purpose of the event is to further alternative photographic processes, and inspire and educate others; all profits will go towards running AlternativePhotography.com. AlterantivePhotography.com is a non-profit organization. All work is unpaid and done on a voluntary basis.
The products will be published in the name of AlternativePhotography.com but with credit to the artist. The format can be printed or digital.
The submitted Work(s) can be added to the AlternativePhotography.com website, available for purchase as our products, including, but not limited to books, calendars, journal or other items, as stated in the Call for Entries page. The submitted Work(s) may be reprinted in the digital eBook and a printed book, in various formats, and also any future revisions, editions, adaptations, translations, abridgements or other derivative works thereof, for possible licensing and distribution throughout the world in all languages and in all forms of media.
Proper acknowledgement of the artist and copyright date will be given. By submitting your Work(s), you agree to this.