To help spread the word of alt. proc. we now are doing Christmas AND Birthday card event. Cards that can be sent to friends and family – and perhaps inspire someone to start their own journey of alt. proc. photography!
We hope you took lots of photographs during the Christmas holiday of 2022, that can be used for our Christmas cards.
A number of prints will be selected and made into greeting cards by AlternativePhotography.com. We are hoping for a wide range of different alt. proc. processes to show them off, so if you are working in gum bichromates, platinum palladium, salt prints, carbon printing, cyanotypes, anthotypes or any other alternative photographic process, you are welcome to enter your print. Use a familiar process or take the opportunity to learn a new process for the event.
The cards may be sold in both physical and digital format.
Any profits from sales of the cards will contribute towards the costs of running AlternativePhotography.com.
Full credit will be given to the artist.
This event is open to Supporting Members.
Deadline: 8th of July 2023 (to give us enough time to have them ready for Christmas 2023).
Read through the Terms and Conditions – mandatory!
- Read ALL of the Terms and Conditions here
- By submitting your work you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions on the link above.
Text information – copy and paste into an email
- COPY and paste the information below into an email, DELETE the example text and fill it out with your own details:
- Occasion: Christmas or Birthday?
- “Title” by FirstName Surname: For example: “Birthday Celbration” by Joanne Smith
- Process: State which process the print is made with.
- Instagram: (optional) For example: @alternativephotography_com
- Facebook: (optional) For example: https://www.facebook.com/alternativephotography
- Please note that to take part you need to be a Supporting Member.
The print for the card
- Create print using an alternative photographic process.
– No nudes or offensive images.
– Images YOU have created, no AI-generated images.
- Include words such as “Happy Birthday!” or “Merry Xmas!” if you like, or leave it out.
- Scan the Print and resize it large enough to print: 2500 pixels LONGEST SIDE. Name the file as follows: “Name Surname-Title Of Image.jpg” for example “Joanne Smith-Birthday Celebration.jpg”.
Now you are ready to send it all to us:
- Send it all by Dropbox (free account), WeTransfer or another file transfer service, or email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will get a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation within a week, check with us, it may have gotten stuck in spam!
- We may or may not publish the work on our social media channels such as Instagram and Facebook. If you have included your Instagram or Facebook in the text we will try to tag you.
The selection and publication of cards
A number of images will be selected and made into Christmas and birthday cards. We are still working out the details of how to do the jury and where the cards will be printed and published. We will update this information shortly.
- A number of images will be made into cards.
- They will be sold both in physical (paper) form and digital form (downloads for people to print for personal use) in our Etsy store.
- Artists will get full credit.
- Any profits will go towards running AlternativePhotography.com
We hope you enjoy making prints and taking part!