Cyanotypes are those blueprints you have probably seen. It is the best way to get started and learn alternative photographic processes. The process is easy to learn but takes a lifetime to master.
The cyanotype process is easy to learn, and a good starting point for anyone who want to learn more about alternative photographic processes. Here are some steps to take when you want to learn the cyanotype process:
- Start by getting the cyanotype chemicals: Directory of chemicals and kits.
- Next, get some good paper, natural fiber is best: Papers to use for cyanotypes
- Mix the chemicals and coat the paper and let it dry: Cyanotype – the classic process
- Expose the cyanotypes the right amount of time: The Big Cyanotype Exposure Survey
- Get inspired by other cyanotypers: Cyanotype photographers
- To get deeper into the process, get the book: Blueprint to cyanotypes
- Or read more articles on how to learn cyanotypes: Articles on cyanotypes