José Miguel Ferreira
Sold directly by the author. Price includes postage & packaging to anywhere in the world destination. Allow 3 weeks for delivery.
About the book:
- Price: 75 USD (shipping included to everywhere in the world)
- Photography by José Miguel Ferreira
- Poetry by A. M. Pires Cabral.
- Preface by Gaspar Martins Pereira
- Text in English, French and Portuguese
- Published by Editions Au Pont des Arts, Paris
- Printed in Italy in April 2011
- 24 x 24 cm hardcover, duotone printing
- 120 pages, 80 platinum / palladium reproductions
- Preview The Port Wine Route here
Gourmand Awards France – Best Wine and Spirits Category
Born in 1972, José Miguel Ferreira has conducted since 1991 several portfolios where he gives a new interpretation of natural and urban landscapes, devoid of any human activity. Sometimes, the photographer also invites us to discover the extraordinary where we are accustomed to see the ordinary. To do this, he makes a zoom on human creations, its movements and the small details that surround us. These elements of reality, captured by his lens, unveil their simple poetry and strikes us by their quality and mastery of his chosen photographic processes. Through his technique, the photographs acquire a timeless dimension. They become images coming from here and elsewhere, evidence of past and present. José Miguel Ferreira is also the founder and president of “association muse9 – art and science”, an entity that supports artists and raises awareness of environmental issues. His work his present in private and institutional collections on five continents such as the Getty Foundation and the Southeast Museum of Photography. He hosted and participated in public discussions, radio broadcasts, and technical demonstrations at photography meetings. He lives between Geneva (CH) and Porto (P). – A.-M. C.