Platinum print and its sister technique palladium print are among the oldest, rarest and most permanent photographic techniques. They enable the artist to create pictures of amazing tonality, really unique ones of amazing permanence, limited only by the permanence of the paper they are made on. Small wonder this was the technique of choice of such masters as Edward Steichen or Irwin Penn.
We’ve prepared a workshop which will enable participants to learn the intricacies of the process and start their own, independent work, taught by Radosław Brzozowski. This will be an opportunity to gain a wide range of skills ranging from choosing appropriate tools and papers and ending with displaying your prints.
The programme of the workshop covers:
– a theoretical introduction,
– presentation of platinum prints,
– preparing a digital negative for platinum printing (4 pcs),
– practical work with stylized models,
– developing black and white negatives for platinum printing,
– tips on developing large format negatives for platinum printing,
– making palladium prints,
– making a platinum print,
– print presentation,
In order to ensure that each participant gets sufficient individual attention, the number of places is limited to four. The workshop is available both in English and in Polish
The tutor is Radosław Brzozowski (www.radoslawbrzozowski.com)
More information is available at: http://www.photoworkshops.pl/?p=57