Pictorial photography – gumprint is one of the richest, most complete gumprinting workshops covering all key aspects of both monochromatic and colour gumprintng.
Unlike most workshops devoted to gumprinting, this is a complete course with intensive photographic practice and covering all issues connected with gumprinting. This means we will not only cover monochromatic gumprint but also full colour and combining gumprint with iron based processes.
The programme of our four-day workshop covers:
– an overview of the work of most important pictorialists/gumprinters,
– a review/introduction of the most important pictorial techniques, especially gum bichromate, cyanotype combined with gumprint
– preparing papers for gumprinting,
– practical work on making monochromatic picture; both single and multi-layered,
– learning to manipulate the gumprinted image,
– practical work on making full colour gumprints,
– making prints using the combination of cyanotype and gumprint,
– an overview of photographs taken during the workshop,
– a revision of rules for matting and presenting prints.
What you will learn during the workshop
– to prepare paper for gumprinting
– to control the paper shrinkage during work
– to make single and multi-layer monochromatic prints,
– to physically manipulate the print during making,
– to make colour gumprints
– to combine gumprinting with cyanotype (and effectively with other iron based processes).
In order to ensure sufficient individual attenation for each participant, the number of places at the workshop is limited to six. The workshop is available in English and Polish
The tutor is Radosław Brzozowski (www.radoslawbrzozowski.com)