Oilprint, along with its sister technique of bromoil are among the most beautiful manipulative processes associated with pictorial photography and the American photosecession. It is a painterly technique which, like few others, allows for a huge level of image manipulation and thus self expression. It’s enough to say that this was the technique of choice of such masters as Gertrude Kasabier.
We offer a workshop during which you will be able to learn all the intricacies of the process, starting with preparing your own paper, through preparing negatives, sensitizing and exposing the paper and finishing with making your own prints and preparing them for exhibition.
The following will be provided during the workshop:
– fully equipped darkroom for our practice,
– papers prepared for oilprinting,
– papers suitable for preparing oilprinting papers,
– printing inks,
– all tools necessary for creating oilprints
– UV light sources and other tools necessary for exposing images and creating oilprinting matrix.
– practice negatives
– tea and coffee during the whole workshop.
– a detailed handout
We believe in keeping the workshop groups small so that every participant can get enough individual attention so the number of places is limited to six. The workshop is taught both in English and in Polish.
The tutor is Radosław Brzozowski (www.radoslawbrzozowski.com)
More information is available at: http://www.photoworkshops.pl/?p=536