This is a really special one; a most intensive and complex workshop we offer. During the seven days spent in a professionally equipped lab, the six participants will have an opportunity to learn the intricacies of gumprinting. All aspects of gumprinting will be covered and, what is more important, practiced, starting with a simple one layer monochromatic print, through multilayered prints and full colour CMYK gumprints and endint with combinations of gumprinting an iron based processes such as cyanotype and platinum print.
The workshop we offer is a purely hands on experience meaning that theoretical explanation is limited to a bare minimum and we concentrate on putting all the information into practice so that participants will acquire necessary practical experience to enable them to make magnificient gumprints independently.
The programme of our seven-day workshop covers:
– an overview of the work of most important pictorialists/gumprinters,
– review/introduction of the most important pictorial techniques, especially gum bichromate, cyanotype combined with gumprint
– two photographic sessions combining elements of landscape and model photography with the sensual retro attire,
– preparing and printing digital large format negatives ,
– preparing papers for gumprinting,
– practical work on making monochromatic picture; both single and multi-layered,
– learning to manipulate the gumprinted image,
– practical work on making full colour gumprints,
– making prints using the combination of cyanotype and gumprint,
– two practical shoots covering landscape and vintage model photography; each in a different, carefully chosen location,
– an overview of photographs taken during the workshop,
– a revision of rules for matting and presenting prints.
More information and a detailed programme are available at: http://www.photoworkshops.pl/?p=53