Sounds like a good idea, how do you see this working? I assume people don't want to post their mail address online.
If you want to organise it, we're happy to supply a forum for it.
Just write some guidelines on how it would work.
I would say the print exchange would work as follows:
A print exchange is where particpants make prints and send them to each other as gifts. Particpants are organized into groups of 4 or 5. Each member of the group sends a print to all members of their group.
The basic process is:
1. Sign up in a thread created by an organizer - the sign up period is a fixed length of time (about a month) with a due date to sign up
2. Once the numbers are known, the organizer makes up groups of 4-5 people
3. Particpants PM each other their snail mail
4. Particpants make prints for everyone in their group - there is usually a 1-2 month period for this part
5. Particpants mail their prints to everyone in their group by a due date - about 2 moths after the sign up due date
6. Enjoy prints you recieve
Prints can be any size and use any alternative process. They should be mounted at least. Matting is optional but encouraged. There should be a letter of authenticity with each print and maybe a description of the image and process used to create the print.
People should be prepared to pay the postage necessary to deliver the prints and since the particpants can be from the 4 corners of the world, they should be prepared to have someone in their group that be overseas.
The bottom line is to make the best print you can. Everyone understands that people are of different levels of ability so feedback and encouragement to newbies is one of the many benefits of this exchange.
Particpants should be members of this forum.
So if everyone is OK with this, I can volunteer to organize this, but it would be best to have a specific topic area. Typically, you can have two or three of these a year.
So can we get a new topic area for this?