Ambrotype – two day workshop is a unique opportunity to learn one of the most beautiful photographic processes.
Our two-day workshop in making wetplate ambrotypes will not only allow participants to learn/revise the rules governing wetplate photography but will also offer practical opportunities to use these skills under the tutor’s guidance and with the help of professional models taking part in the workshop.
The programme of the workshop covers:
– a quick revision of using large format cameras,
– a presentation of the wetplate ambrotype process including chemical recipes,
– preparing glass for ambrotype photography,
– coating glass with collodion,
– sensitizing and processing wetplate,
– two photographic shoots with professional models,
– varnishing the ambrotypes,
– analysis of photographs taken during the workshop.
All the materials as well as large format cameras will be provided. All participants will receive a detailed handout.
We are trying to keep our workshop small so that each participant will receive sufficient attention. This is why the number of places is limited to six. The workshop is available both in English and in Polish and lasts for 16 hours.
The tutor is Radosław Brzozowski (www.radoslawbrzozowski.com), the author of the first Polish ambrotype handbook.
All the details are available at: http://www.photoworkshops.pl/?p=40