Ambrotype – two day workshop is a unique opportunity to learn one of the most beautiful photographic processes.
Our two-day workshop in making wetplate ambrotypes will not only allow participants to learn/revise the rules governing wetplate photography but will also offer practical opportunities to use these skills under the tutor’s guidance and with the help of professional models taking part in the workshop.
The programme of the workshop covers:
– a quick revision of using large format cameras,
– a presentation of the wetplate ambrotype process including chemical recipes,
– preparing glass for ambrotype photography,
– coating glass with collodion,
– sensitizing and processing wetplate,
– two photographic shoots with professional models,
– varnishing the ambrotype,
– analysis of photographs taken during the workshop.
All participants will be provided with:
– glass plates,
– a darkroom for preparing and processing wetplates,
– access to the garden surrounding the Tricity School of Photography which makes a wonderful setting for wetplate photography, as well as a photographic studio prepared for wetplate work,
– two professional models for the shoot assisted by a MUA/stylist,
– two large format cameras,
– a detailed handout.
The workshop will be taught by Radosław Brzozowski, the author of the first Polish ambrotype textbook; Ambrotypia – Przewodnik praktyczny (Ambrotype – a practical handbook). It is available in Polish and in English.
More information is available at: http://www.photoworkshops.pl/?p=40