Albumen workshop is the only workshop of its kind offering an opportunity the learn to intricacies of of one of the most important techniques in history of photography.
The first print making technique that made a real, industrial scale career dominating photography for dozens of years. Suffice it to say, that just one factory making albumenized paper used seventy thousand eggs per day. Albumen print may seem to be a simple technique, in reality, however, it requires considerable knowledge and care in order to get the best results, especially if we aim at full control over the contrast and colour of the print.
We offer a two day practical workshop during which we will not only learn to make albumen prints, but also the more advanced elements of the process. We will learn to prepare a variety of albumen recipes, control the print contrast and use a variety of toners.
During the workshop you will learn to:
– Prepare matt and glossy albumenized paper using a variety of recipes,
– Increase the image contrast,
– Sensitize the albumenized paper,
– Expose and process the albumen prints,
– Prepare negatives for albumen printing (both large format and digital negatives),
– Tone the albumen prints,
– Prepare the images for presentation in a conservator friendly way.
Participants will be provided with all necessary tools and materials.
Maximum number of participants is six
The workshop is available in English and Polish
Tutor: Radosław Brzozowski: www.radoslawbrzozowski.com
More information about the workshop is available at: http://www.photoworkshops.pl/?p=406